Sunday, January 21, 2007

Read My Mind

That is the title of a song by The Killers, on their new album, Sam's Town. It may just be my new favorite song. Well, okay, let's think realistically here: It may just be my new second favorite song. (I don't think any song in existence can dethrone U2's Discothèque from the spot of my favorite song.) It's a great little song, starting out with the finest of electronic synth noises, then subsequently bursting out into great percussion, and a little bit later, so awesome U2-like guitars. It's like something my pretend, fake band Blue Crush would make. But you don't really need to know that. Anyway, I bought it off iTunes yesterday, though I don't really know why I bought it. But last night I think I, um.. read my own mind. I think I needed that song.

On a seemingly unrelated note, yesterday was the day of that Surprise Dance.. I took my friend Kira to it. She thought it was rather boring for some reason, so she talked me into going to my house and watching Pirates of the Carribean instead. So we walked out to my car to find that it was completely boxed in. Turns out that there were like five or six cars that decided to park right in front of two rows of cars, basically making three rows of cars, leaving the middle row of cars blocked in on all sides. My car was right in the middle of all this, so we went inside and got Officer Bryson to take down the license plates of the third row of cars. He took them to the DJ at the dance, who subsequently called out the license plate numbers.

The plan worked somewhat, as two or three of the cars moved in fear of getting parking tickets, but after a while there were still three cars left in the third row, and one of them was still blocking our way. Thankfully Bryson recognized the car directly in front of us, and he knew the person that drove it. He told the DJ the name of the person and he called out their name, but they still would not go out and move their car. Finally Bryson tracked the kid down (after a little distraction: a group of kids were driving recklessly in the parking lot and he had to arrest them) and finally we were able to leave.

So, yeah, that's my crazy story for today. Now I gotta go out and shovel the snow on my driveway before my dad comes home. Oy vey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

w00t. Twinkies are awesome.

Kind of like... lemons.