Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Look! Braden updated his blog! *screams like a little girl*

Why, yes I did. And hey, it's about time for my long overdue, monthly (!) update. Yes, I'll try to update my blog more often. I'm going to start really focusing on making my blog your one stop shop for everything Kilroy-related.

Anyway, earlier last month I went down to Zion National Park for a priests' quorum camp. We did some really trippy hikes, like hiking the Narrows, which consisted of wading in a rocky river-bed half the time.. (yes, we hiked in a river.. don't ask my why anyone with any kind of sanity would ever want to do this). We also hiked Angels' Landing.

Oh yes. ANGELS. LANDING.


See the top of that mountain? Huh, you see it? Yes, we hiked a trail to the top of that mountain.. no seriously. To the top of that mountain. There's a trail that leads up there.. and several portions of the trail leave you without any sort of handrail with a 5,000 feet drop on either side of you. Yikes. There are handrails most of the time, but you don't have any sort of safety equipment on and you must brace yourself as you scale this ginormous mountain. But oh my gosh, the view and the satisfaction you get after you climb to the top is just surreal. The only thing that I can compare it to is drugs... and I've never done any sort of drug, ever (and never will) so I couldn't tell you. :P (Yeah, I act like it sometimes.)

Also, school has started.. though you all probably knew that. I'm a senior, which frickin' blows my mind. (Erin still refuses to believe that I'm a senior already.. neither do I, really.) This year, I'm taking english, yoga (heck yeah!), physics, Impact Team, foods, seminary, stats, and U.S. government. Oh, and lunch, too. Yay.

So what's coming up in the exciting future of SKoWL? Well.. I'm gonna start posting CD reviews for some of my favorite CD's as I buy them, since music is my main hobby.. I'll start out with Light Grenades by Incubus, my most recent CD purchase, and I'll review other CD's that I have loved in the past or new ones that I purchase. I might also start posting cool things I find on the Internet, since computers and the Internet are my passion. Woot! I'll of course keep you up to speed on my life and my adventures as a senior.. though I really doubt any of you care, really. (Hahah.. just kidding... maybe)

1 comment:

Dan said...

I like turtles.