Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Date with the Nintendo Wii

Well, I only have a fairly limited amount of time to type this up because my psychopathic little brother might come storming in at any minute and demand the computer back. But anyway, yesterday I went over to my friend Dannysauce's house to hang out all day. We were bored, so we decided to go for a walk over to the DI, look around at the stuff there, then get dinner at Arctic Circle and walk back home.

Our plans went something like that at first (with a few detours to the 3-D video and Zeponie's pizza..) but then after we walked home from Arctic Circle, we decided for some reason to go down to Target. So we went down to Target. And then after that we ran over to Gamestop. And after entering inside Gamestop, I didn't know it at the time, but my life would never be the same. (Okay, that's an over exaggeration, but it sure felt like it at the time)

Gamestop had a kiosk displaying the Nintendo Wii. Yes, Nintendo's next video game console that is going to revolutionize gaming forever. I obtained a Wii-mote from one of the employees, (handing over my shiny new driver's license in the process) and proceeded to play some Excite Truck. Man, playing that game was very fun, and although I had to get a bit used to the controls at first (I'm used to controlling virtual trucks with little control sticks, not by moving the entire controller left and right) the controls eventually, well, controlled like a dream.

Well, after several Excite Truck sessions shared by both me and Dan, and after exploring around the Wii's various "channels", we returned the remote, got my precious license back, left Gamestop, and walked home, satisfied that we had finally fulfilled our life goals - play the Nintendo Wii. Anyway, time's up. See you guys later.

(Oh, and if you juys have absolutely no clue what I've been talking about here, click this link and be prepared.)

1 comment:

Dan said...

HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEKEND.

I can't wait to play with my Wii.