Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yay, church dances

First off, a quote from a post on Less Than Dan, titled "Straight out of Mormonville" :

"Tonight there was a stake dance, just as there usually is from time to time.

Keep in mind, I regularly don't go to these shindigs. Why? For the most part, we are required to wear crappy clothing (i.e. collar and tie), and secondly, they never play any cool music (Hah!). On this particular occasion, however, my friends were pressuring me to go, so I did. I must admit: It was worth it."

Welp, turns out that I went to this multi-stake dance as well. (the 16 to 18 year old one, as opposed to the 14 to 15 year old one that Dan probably went to.) Usually it's only maybe two or three stakes that are a part of these dances, and to be honest, I don't have any close friends that are in my stake or in the immediately surrounding ones, so I've never gone to any of these church-sponsored dances before. But this one had a whopping seven stakes involved. And hey, I actually knew some people that were attending this dance! Of course, I had Adrian pressuring me to go, and with the fact that a few of my, er, "girlfriends" were attending too, I just couldn't resist going.

And it was indeed worth it. I got to really talk with a few close friends that I hadn't really talked to for a while, slow danced with a few girls, and I even, after talking it over with some people there, decided for sure who I'm gonna ask to prom. Yikes. But yeah, this was well worth going to. (Turns out these church-sponsored dances weren't all that bad after all! :P)

3 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah, the one I went to wasn't too bad. Some of my friends have a misconception that they only play church songs or something, hahah.. fortunately that's not the case.

MMARIEN said...

YAY FOR THE DANCE that was so much fun. at the dance i hung out with adrian u know and that is how i would like him to act all the time. and how he acted at prom also not how he was acting when he texted me that was majorily annoying he is driving me crazy right now and i hate it.

Kilroy said...

Yeah, I dunno why he was being so mean to you that day he was texting you. He seems like he's forgiven you now but I always have to keep an eye on him now whenever he steals my phone.. *rolls eyes*